Skyblock Custom Enchantments

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Spaniel, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Spaniel

Spaniel

The addition of custom enchants (similar to factions) would prove advantageous for users and staff alike. The implementation of these enchantment books would establish an advanced and superior system to the existing enchantments with no deficiencies.

With the server open to suggestions there is a clear intent on creating a superior experience to the prior skyblock world. With this in mind, the existing enchantment system to me is atrocious and does not contribute in improving the current experience

Rather, Replacing the existing enchantment books available from crates with custom enchantments provides more of an incentive for users to open crates, and therefore more profitable while reshaping the current inferior system.

I personally consider enchantment books a disappointment to receive from crates as they are attainable without the need of even opening crates. There is very much a sense that when you pay for a crate you are guaranteed an item of value; Current enchanting books are not. of. value.

A few notable improvements to enchantments would include:

Armour
    • Sealing: protects you from negative effects
    • Forceful: if applied to a chestplate, you get strength (no time limit)
    • Tanked: if you apply this to a chestplate, you get resistance (no time limit)
    • Speed: when applied to boots, you gain speed (depends on the level: speed I book = speed 1, speed 2 book = speed 2, etc)
    • Feeding: when applied to a helmet, your hunger will decrease more slowly
    Weapons
    • Draconic: allows you to hit multiple enemies at once (sword)
    • Segmentation: allowes you to shoot multiple arrows at once (bows)
    • Homing: when you shoot arrows, they will track down the nearest enemy and hit them
    • Mending: as you are being hit, your armour will automatically repair itself
    • Venom: poisons the enemy every once in a while
    • Soul Stealer: has a chance of stealing hearts from the other players
    Tools
    • Magnet: as you mine or kill something, the item goes directly to your inventory
    • Salesman: as you mine or kill something, the item is sold immediately and you will gain money
    • Essence: gains more xp depending of the level of essence (Provides more xp depending on lvl of essence e.g. lvl 1 gives 25% more xp, lvl 2 gives 50% more xp)
    EDIT: As for the implementation of these enchantments I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard as they've already done so on factions and additionally, many of these enchantment ideas are taken from an already existing bukkit plugin. https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/custom-enchantments

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019 at 8:20 AM
    Feyn__ and duckky25 like this.
  2. martijn

martijn

I like your idea. However,
    Skyblock is a building gamemode. Combat isn't that popular on the Skyblock server, so I don't see any use in improving combat mechanics. About fighting mobs: People fly these days. If not, they light up their island. Mining also isn't really a thing, since all you mine is the blocks you built.
    It all comes to the fact that there are more important things to focus on, especially after a reset. Coding such a plugin takes a lot of time.
    If you have any more ideas you should definitely share them as well, maybe something shows up that is worth the effort.

3. Feyn__

Feyn__ Lonely Mod Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Feyn__
    An autosell feature would be amazing

JokerBen likes this.
  4. martijn

martijn

I'd suggest you make a suggestion in which you suggest your suggestion instead of suggesting your suggestion on someone else's suggestion.

C'est juste une suggestion.

Feyn__ likes this.
  5. Spaniel

Spaniel

I understand where you're coming from about the combat enchant suggestions however I feel that these combat enchantments would still maintain usefulness against mobs such as Mending and Draconic (for blaze farms perhaos). Also, after all there is a pvp arena however, yea I understand there isn't much focus on pvp.

As for the implementation of these enchantments I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard as they've already done so on factions and additionally, many of these enchantment ideas are taken from an already existing bukkit plugin. https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/custom-enchantments

martijn likes this.
  6. RazorScythe

RazorScythe Raz Donator

Minecraft:
    RazorScythe
    I agree with this, but using the same plugin that's used on Factions and just configured.
    The main custom enchants that I think should be added to Skyblock is Telepathy (I), Inquisitive (III), Haste (III), Furnace (IV), and Experienced (III). Instead of having different levels of CE books, just have one for a set amount of xp and the one you receive will be randomized.

Telepathy: This allows a block or item you mine with your pickaxe to go straight in to your inventory without dropping. Useful for picking up spawners on a silk touch pickaxe.

Inquisitive: This will let you receive more experience while grinding mobs with a sword.

Haste: This increases the speed of which you swing your pickaxe while mining or destroying items.

Furnace: This auto-smelts ores that you break with your pickaxe.

Experienced: This lets you receive more experience while mining ores with your pickaxe.

7. _Restrictionz_

_Restrictionz_ Donator

Minecraft:
    cmnvb / SOS